IT-Grundschutz Tool - Performance features
The distribution of GSTOOL is set to 31.12.2014.
Technical support for GSTOOL is still provided by the end of 2016.
More information on future contacts and to support the GSTOOL following shortly.
Through the development of the BSI IT-Grundschutz tool (GSTOOL), BSI provides an innovative and ergonomically usable software program that supports users in preparing, administrating and updating IT security concepts that meet the requirements of IT-Grundschutz.
After collecting the information required, the users have a comprehensive reporting system at their disposal that they can use to carry out structure analyses on all their compiled data and to generate reports in paper or in electronic form.
In particular GSTOOL provides support for the following tasks within the framework of security concepts:
- Modelling and layer models in accordance with IT-Grundschutz
- IT system recording / structural analysis
- Application recording
- Implementation of safeguards
- Cost analysis
- Protection requirement determination
- Revision support
- Basic security check
- IT-Grundschutz Certificate
Technical performance features of GSTOOL:
- Administration of several security concepts with one tool
- Network capability
- Bilingual interface: German/English
- Encryption of user-specific data for exports
- Fundamentally improved performance
- History recording
- Improved, modern, ergonomic design
- Database updated easily by email or Internet
- Import function for the existing data recorded with the Versions 2.0 1998-2000