CERT-Bund (Computer Emergency Response Team for federal agencies) is the central point of contact for preventive and reactive measures regarding security-related computer incidents.
With the intention of avoiding harm and limiting potential damage, CERT-Bund
- creates and publishes recommendations for preventive measures
- points out vulnerabilities in hardware and software products
- proposes measures to address known vulnerabilities
- supports public agencies efforts to respond to IT security incidents
- recommends various mitigation measures
In addition, CERT-Bund operates Germany's national IT Situation Centre.
CERT-Bund's services are primarily available to the federal authorities and include
- 24-hour on-call duty in cooperation with the IT Situation Centre
- analysis of incoming incident reports
- creation of recommendations derived from incidents
- support during IT security incidents
- operation of a warning and information service
- active alerting of the Federal Administration in case of imminent danger.
In addition, CERT-Bund offers comprehensive information for interested individuals by providing warning and information services for citizens which are available online.
For more detail have a look at our RFC2350 document.