BSI TR-03126 Technical Guidelines for the Secure Use of RFID
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) has become a key technology in different kind of application areas. Due to the fact that it is used in the context of authentication or in combination with personal related data the applied security level is of major concern.
The Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) has published technical guidelines describing generic security considerations regarding RFID in different application areas, such as:
- public transport
- usage of transponders in trade chain.
The technical guideline RFID (TR RFID) is used for:
- implementation of safety and privacy
- attention and transparency of security aspects
- declaration of conformity
The following documents have been published:
- Technical Guidelines RFID as Templates for the PIA-Framework (PDF, 608KB, File is accessible)