The State of IT Security in Germany 2015
The report by the Federal Office for Information Security in Germany (BSI) on the current state of IT security in Germany in 2015 provides information on the type and extent of key IT threats and resulting risks. The report is based on information analysed by the BSI relating to weaknesses and vulnerabilities in currently used information technology, as well as to attacks on IT systems and networks.
The report shows that the number of weaknesses and vulnerabilities in IT systems is continuing to run at a high level. Some of these vulnerabilities expose serious security gaps. The asymmetric threat level in cyberspace continues to escalate, meaning that users’ protection of IT systems cannot always keep pace with the often highly developed tools for exploiting gaps in security.
More status reports
- The State of IT Security in Germany 2014 (PDF, 4MB, Barrier-free file)
- The IT Security Situation in Germany in 2011 (barrier-free version) (PDF, 2MB, Barrier-free file)
- The IT Security Situation in Germany in 2009 (PDF, 2MB, Barrier-free file)
- The IT Security Situation in Germany in 2007 (PDF, 2MB, Not barrier-free file.)
- The IT-Security Situation in Germany 2005 (PDF, 340KB, Not barrier-free file.)